Sunday, November 23, 2008

Columbus Agility Weekend and my Belated Birthday

We've been recovering from last weekend, and I finally had my birthday pawty, as it was, so Mom's agreed to help me with the blog. She's been so stressed from work she hasn't felt like doing anything after work lately. She needs to take more naps like us doggies! (Mom: I wish!!)

The night before we left for the big agility trials in Ohio, we had to babysit ANOTHER PUPPY --- all Mom has to hear is the "P" in puppy and she says YES!!! She forgets about all the other P's in Puppy!! (peepee) Her name was Jamie and she's a little half-sister to Josie and that means she's another niece of mine. Mom just loved her! Jamie was going to spend the weekend at someone's house while we were all gone so she was staying here for one night. I don't pretend to understand the logic, I only live here.



The next day we packed up and went to our breeder's house to wait for HER to get ready so I had to wait in a crate. I'M all ready, you people hurry up!



We made it to Columbus Ohio after 8 hours in the van (zzzzz) and to the trials the next day (Friday the 14th). Our national club had their banner up:



This is what the ring looked like. It was a horse arena so things smelled pretty good to us dogs! Josie had to stop and sniff while trying to run her Novice Jumpers round so Mom had to get her attention several times. I was too excited to stop and smell the "roses", I just ran!




Mom didn't get very many pictures of us, but Josie did the best and got first places every day in her Novice Jumpers so she got her title on Sunday! She ran really well and we're all proud of her. She was tired after all that running. Mom got her a bag of dehydrated chicken feet and she got a purple stuffy dog as a prize! She can keep that stuffy, I want those yummy feet...





The pics taken of us will take some time to come back after they're ordered, so all that's left is me being kinda depressed I didn't qualify in anything. Gee Mom, I'll try harder next time! I was just having fun...



SO, today a week later, Mom and Dennis went out to watch those crazy basset hounds try and find bunnies in the woods again. While they were waiting in the woods, some curious beef came up to watch THEM: (hey! Who you lookin' at??)



Mom and Dennis eventually came home and we had a little birthday treat! wwwwWOW!!!
Just for us dogs!




Oh dog that smells pawsome --



Can we really have some???



I'll have a taste ---



Josie comes in for the kill --- she wants some too.



Hey no pushing!



So you promise we can have more later?? OK and I promise to listen better at the next agility trials! It's a deal!



And I am now 7 years old ---

Love,
Rudy

7 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

HAPPYY HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! And you got BROWNIES!!!! Way to go! You look so depressed in tthat picture but if we had been there as judges you would have won #1!!!!!!!!!!!! Love A+A

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, those brownies are making us drool! Happy birthday, Rudy! We all have an off day once in awhile, ya know! No sweat!
Congratulations to Josie! Great work!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Patience-please said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hey it's all about the fun, not the Q's Right? That's our theory anyway, and at least you got to play.

trying to wag, we're the whippets

Joe Stains said...

omdog those brownies look AMAZING! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Dewey Dewster said...

Wow Rudy...

Happy belated birthday ta ya...those birthday goodies look really good.....bet they tasted good too....Congrats ta Josie on gettin' her title....we know you'll do better next time.....ya are all so talented....Have a Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

Dewey Dewster here...

Noah the Airedale said...

Happy belated birthday Rudy. What a way to celebrate...brownies yummo.

tailwags
Noah

Mack said...

7 is a lucky number !!!

Where did your mom get that brownie mix? I have a birfday coming up in December and maybe I can drop a hint to mom!! Speaking of mom, mine says she sympathizes with yours cause her job has been mucho stressful lately too!