Monday, December 18, 2006
My Big Day
(more flying Rudy pictures)
On Sunday Mom and I went to the agility place for the all-day agility clinic she signed up for back in October. She’s been giving me pep talks about it all week! She even bathed me and used the blow-dryer on me. That was weird, usually Linda does that to me before a dog show so I didn’t know what was going on! I saw her drag out my travel crate and knew something was up. Sunday when she put my special agility trials collar on, I knew what was going to happen! I started talking... It wasn’t a trials, but it was agility!
I had to stay in my crate a few times which I hated – I get so excited I whine a lot. Sometimes I got to hang out with Mom and everybody in their chairs while the other dogs ran. That’s OK, I love to party with new people who pet me and sometimes give me cookies. A few Border Collies looked at me funny again. One dog in the ring was so distracted I had to go back in my crate ‘cause she was staring at me. Silly people – that dog thought I was good-looking, not a sheep....
At lunch Mom took me on a short trip to put gas in her old truck. That thing eats so much gas, I don’t know why she keeps it. She says it’s the only vehicle she’s got that works. That’s pretty bad! At the gas station we met a nice couple who loved me. They had good taste in dogs! I kept an eye on Mom to make sure she came back to the truck alright. I forgot my driver’s license and couldn’t drive that thing if she didn’t come back...
The instructor was nice and kept calling me handsome. I like her! We had some good runs, though Mom is still messing up at those weave poles and trying to manage my entries too much. She needs a lot of work. I flew through the sequences and showed them what a Bedlington could do. Mom was concerned I’d get tired but I didn’t – she did! I was good and listened to Mom all day which made her happy. Our instructors were all there, too, so I had to make ‘em proud. I’m so tired today I didn’t run around with Josie who’s always up for wrestling, but she didn’t work as hard as I did yesterday. Today Mom is at work and I’m napping!
This is me napping at a VERY young age.
Is this cute or what?
Oh while I was gone I see I was Christmas-tagged. Hmm... what do I NOT want for Christmas? Let’s see –
1) Popcorn. The other dogs eat that stuff but I just hate it. They go nuts when Mom and Uncle Dennis have it, but I’ll just go lay down. Yuck!
2) Ham. I just can’t get into the baked ham thing. Mom will give me some of that stuff and I can’t eat it. I can’t believe it’s real meat! Salty-type food just isn’t my favorite.
3) I don’t want any more puppies to come live with us. I couldn’t stand it when Mom brought the last one in, which turned out to be Josie, good thing, but they just give me the creeps!
And now what DO I want for Christmas –
1) Dog goodies – any kind any how! If Mom give me too much chicken liver I get a bit sick, but I love to eat. Yum-yum-yum!
2) Some new agility equipment to practice on at home. I don’t care, I love to run and jump! We need more jumps and weave poles. Gotta train Mom!
3) Some more cozy beds so I won’t have to compete for space in the den in the evening. Someone’s always trying to share the bed I’m on and it gets annoying sometimes when I’m trying to sleep.
I could add more to the list, there’s so much I’d like. I have a pretty good life as it is; Mom takes us a lot of places together, though old Nathan is getting pretty rickety now. We have to be careful to take good care of him, he was her ‘star’ before I came along. I have some big paw-prints to follow in. Thanks for all the great posts --- more stories to come. I'll get Mom to scan our pictures with Santa. He never saw so many Bedlingtons in his life!