Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Day the Water Died

I'm baaack! Mom hasn't let me on the PC in a while; she's been busy and actually had to go to work on Saturday so there went the entire weekend. She promised me we were going to the agility trials up in Maryland this weekend but she worked and then got too tired to take Emmy and me today (Sunday). I'm so disappointed!

Anyway, I wanted to show you what happened the day we got our water pipe replaced that goes to the house. One day in May our water died... it really did! The old gray plastic pipe from the street to the house broke somewhere and for six days Mom gave us store-bought bottled water to drink. She said it was like camping out in our own house and she hated it! I didn't see any difference really, except for that yummy bottled water!

So one day Mom stayed home and didn't go to work and these strange men came and dug up the front yard. Here they are working hard making piles of dirt. Even I can't dig up that much dirt! We have some really hard clay to dig up around here.



Well I kept an eye on them in case they pulled any funny stuff. I'm the big bad protector of the house and I'm here to see everyone behaves themselves....



Emmy and Clancy couldn't be bothered with all the commotion and slept in the den where Mom was most of the day, and Josie was out at Linda's house with her baby puppies at the time, so it was all up to me!


I looked outside and this is what they put in the big hole they dug right next to the house. All that noise and work for that little pipe thingy? Then they put the dirt back in and the plumber guy worked on some pipes in the basement (I came and watched him too) and then they all left! I was happy about that but Mom was happier. That's when we started drinking tap water again and Mom and Dennis started using the shower at home. I was wondering why they weren't smelling bad with no water around! People should live more like dogs 'cause they sure make a fuss about little things. I don't need a bath every day! Mom says she needs a bath a LOT more than I do. Whatever....


I understand this was a lot of money but it was covered by insurance so Mom wasn't too upset. Now we'll have water for a long long time!

Next time I'll show you the weekend Josie's puppies stayed at our house. Ohh they were so bad! They've all grown up and left for their new homes now (yea!) but Mom's sad they're gone.

Who's sad -- I'm glad!

Love,

Rudy


5 comments:

Asta said...

Rudy,
Who needs baby puppys when they have you!!!! You suwe look cute overseeing the wowkmen, I'm suwe that's why it got done well finally.
My Mommi even takes two showers sometimes in the summer...hoomans are weird.
Hope you had fun this weekend
smoochie kisses
Asta

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Those men dug a GREAT hole! We have clay soil too. Baked hard all summer, waterlogged all winter, rubbish!

Licks
Oscar x

Molly the Airedale said...

Water is so important! We don't realize how great it is till we don't have it! I'm sure you are glad the pups have all left Rudy! Now mom has more time to donate to you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Isabella said...

Those silly men! Didn't they know you Bedlingtons could have dug a better hole! They muist not have known that you are experienced and a master with tunnels.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Isabella said...

Damn, Rudy! Wish I had been there for all the digging! We might have dug up a rat or snakes!
Cya Dude-
Emmy