Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Drain Pipe Chipmunk

I don't remember if I told you about the time we pulled the drainpipe off the corner of the garage last summer, but since Dennis put a new one up, the humans haven't tossed the old pipe away. Guess who was back on Saturday morning??? Mom was out digging in the garden and witnessed these scenes!

I'm at the lower end, chewing for all I'm worth. Even Mom could hear the scrabbling going on in the pipe -- she left it lying in the yard and the chipmunk was hiding there when we discovered him!



I thought maybe I could chew on the middle while the girls chew on the ends.



Come on out you silly chipmunk!!!



Emmy was looking for him under the pipe ---- such a barking racket we made!






We were in it for the long haul, so Mom got the pipe away from us and shook the little guy out (MOM: it was a young one) and it somehow vanished! (MOM: it ran out under the gate) We wouldn't stop chewing so she put the pipe over the fence. No fair Mom!

So we spent a bit of time sniffing around to see where he went!




Such a beginning to our Memorial Day weekend ---

I'm going to play a game now and answer some questions! Mack's got a fun game going on:

The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post,the player than tags 4 or 5 people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answer.

Here goes:

1.What were you doing 10 years ago?
Plotting my new life from up in Heaven and how much fun I planned to have!

2. What are 5 things on your to do list for today?
Sleep as long as I can, hunt for critters in the yard, bug Mom for goodies,
get Mom to pet me, and oh yeah, mark my territory as best I know how.

3. Snackies I enjoy:
Most anything Mom gives me, but let's see -- cheese, dog cookies of ANY kind,
chicken, bits of apple, carrot (it's what I live for), and all sorts of doggie
training treats when we train agility.

4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
Huh -- I'd get all the women my heart could stand (I'm not neutered)
and make Mom quit her job so she could be with ME all day long and do
stuff with me.

5. Three of my bad habits:
Alerting Mom to every single noise out front of the house even after she
told me to stop that, sneaking over the backyard fence now and then
(drives Mom crazy!), and wanting to leave with her every time she gets
ready to leave the house (hey she might change her mind!).

6. 5 places I have lived:
Of course with my doggie Mom at the breeder's and just like Mack's
breeder, she called my Mom and said she had her next "Nathan"
who was her best buddy at the time. Then I came to live with Mom and
that's been it -- I haven't lived anywhere else. I've been to a lot of
places but I've only lived in 2 places.

Last but not least:
7. 5 jobs I have had:
Oh, lets' see -- I've been a competitor in Earthdog, the AKC sport of go-to-
ground for small terriers, I'm currently Mom's Star Agility Dog and
Babysitter, I'm the guardian of the house when my people are gone
during the day, I'm Josie's running coach (playing chase around the yard),
and as a tiny puppy I was the Torturer of Older Dogs! Oh yeah big time!!

So if anybody wants to play, feel free. I have more stories to tell soon, it's
been a busy weekend!

Later,
Rudy

6 comments:

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh my Rudy...you are one handsome boy!!! Pleased to meet you....

(Three terriers extend right front paw in greeting....)

WHAT IS IT WITH THESE DRAIN PIPES...

Go to
http://www.lovethosewires.blogspot.com/

oops it didn't come up as a clicky link...or you can to to our pack list and go to Dewey...

check out their next to last post...it's videos of them attackin' a drain pipe.

We looked and looked at PetSmart...but no drain pipes....

Thanks for visitin' our blog!!!

Lacie, Scruffy and Babystan

Dewey Dewster said...

Oh my Dog Rudy...thanks fer visitin' the blog....yes that is the WPA Earthdog site we were at by Donegal...we're new there but we're goin' back next month ta practice again...we would just love ta see ya all..Bedlingtons are just the cutest dogs ever and there are so many of ya. We did the same thing with the drainpipe up at our cottage...tryin' ta get out the vermin....ya are doggies after our own heart...ya are....keep up the good work.....
Terrier kisses,
Dewey Dewster here....

Amber-Mae said...

What fun!!! If only you guys managed to catch that little chipmunks. But I gotta tell ya to be careful, heard that chipmunks are really good at taking a chunk out of doggie's noses...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Mack said...

Look at you guys chewing that pipe!! You make a Boston Terrier very proud!!

I really liked your answers (especially the one about having a lot of lady friends! Woot!)

And you know what, I think I must be the only dog in bloggyland that doesn't like carrots. Mom says I'm a little weird - I'm beginning to think she's right!

SeeYa,
Mack

Molly the Airedale said...

We have lots of chippers in our yard, Rudy! Bummer that you didn't catch the little pest! Mom thinks they're soooooooooo cute! Yea, right!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Patience-please said...

Not even the tiniest earthdog could have gotten in that drain pipe tunnel! No FAIR!!!

wags from the whippets