Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Day After

Oh my dog, the day after Hanna came charging through was beautiful! What a change. No more pouring rain and we could all see where we were going. The ground never got muddy 'cause we haven't had much rain this summer. Emmy got happier and ran much better -- you wouldn't believe it but she was 24 seconds over time in her Jumpers run yesterday. I think Mom's turtle Suzy could've run faster!

This is a pic of the Novice Jumpers course that Josie ran. Notice the sunshine!



And here's a pic of the Excellent Standard course I ran in the morning. This little dog running here is so fast, I could never catch her!



I ran so well in Standard, we actually qualified! Believe it or not, I was the only one in my class (16 inches) who did! It wasn't that bad a course; I was in Excellent A and this was the second leg towards my AX title.
Mom was so proud of me, she took this pic of me, my ribbon, and my toy!



Josie had a great time her first time out doing a trials. Mom thought she'd like to come and play. She's used to being at dog shows and Earthdog tests, and even went to that lure coursing practice, so she's good in crowds. She ran really well but Mom kept forgetting she wasn't running me, she was running Josie! (I'm so unforgettable..tee hee). Mom says Josie's going to be fast. They made it through the course and got second place in the 16 inches class of Novice Jumpers.
Yeaaa!



Like I said, Emmy was MUCH happier today and ran her Open Jumpers course with no faults, just 4 seconds over time. She's kind of slow, so 4 seconds over isn't so bad. She was first in her class too! We were knocking 'em dead today!



When I ran Jumpers, we ran really well -- too bad the judge saw me do a wrong entry on those weaves! We re-did them and then went on. It was a really nice run on a course with some tricky places. Weaves have always been a sore spot with us!
I was so tired from the whole weekend I had to lay down in the shade in front of the tent:




It was a great weekend even with all that rain yesterday. Lots more people showed up today, so I was able to get more people to pet me. Mom got me a half hour with the massage lady before my Standard run, so I was good and warmed up. She ordered a bunch of pictures the photographer took of me in Standard both days, so that should be interesting. We'd never been to this trials but it's so close to home, Mom's going to put it on our calendar. She liked the judges too. Between the trials and having 2 dates with Ciapka this weekend, I'm one happy boy:




The fun never ends -- this week our agility classes start up again, so Josie and Emmy have class Monday night and I have my monthly private lesson AND my weekly class on Tuesday night. Just in case we get too lazy, Mom's got me entered in a 3-day trials NEXT weekend. argh. Emmy's going Saturday and Sunday, and Josie's going on Sunday. Hope we don't get any more rain!

Love,
Rudy

8 comments:

Agatha and Archie said...

OOOOOHHHHHH you are so lucky!! and a massage and a STUFFIE!!!!!!!!!!! Could life get any better??!! Love nad kisses A+A

Asta said...

Rudy
CONGWATULATIONS to all thwee of you!!! That is sooo faboolous!
I can just imagine you flying ovew that couwse..you'we my hewo
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Dewey Dewster said...

Rudy,

Wow, you are all so cute...and all running in agility too.... what an accomplishment....how could ya sit there so still 'n not rip inta those toys.....huh ? Ya must have some really good self control......

Dewey Dewster here.....

Molly the Airedale said...

You are all such gifted Terriers at agility! Congratulations!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Massage lady? Did I hear that correctly??? That sounds amazing! Can you text me her number to my pink phone???

We clicked on ur lamb at the top of ur blog....it scared us...the house is nice and quiet tonight and suddenly there was this loud BAAAAA followed by a slurp!!!

We barked and woke up Daddy!!!

You guys are fab!!!

Lotsa love,
Laciegirl

Asta said...

Rudy
I'm sowwy about youw fwiend who went to the bwidge too..I hate saying goodbye to fwiends
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Urban Smoothie Read said...

congratulation for the blue ribbon

Xsara and Tani said...

You guys totally rocked the competition! So many beautiful ribbons :) I can't wait to see more action pictures!