Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First Try at Dock Diving

Hi all!

Not much is happening right now so I'm going to show you what I did a couple of Saturdays ago. Remember I was saying how crazy I get whenever I see Dock Diving dogs?
Mom finally got the videos uploaded from our first try at the Pet Expo so we can see them, and she cut them down so it's not just me barking at the ball in the water.. Mom thought it was a good first try. We were part of a bunch of people that signed their dogs up to try this between the competitions that went on all day. I had a GOOD time!

First I did the short ramp. Looks like I'd been in the water before this was taken 'cause I am soaked in this clip. Oooh, that water's deep! And cold!!!



And then we tried the BIG one. At this point, they brought out an experienced dog to show me how I was supposed to do it. See how surprised I got when he jumped off the edge! And see how I (accidentally) jumped off too. Another surprise!



So Mom and the trainer decided to call it a day. I wasn't ready to quit. When we were walking away, I jumped up and tried to climb up the side of the tank. When we walked near the green ramp I tried to pull Mom back up there. She just laughed at me..

Mom has promised to let me try again sometime... I hope it's soon. I bet there aren't many Bedlingtons doing this!

Love,
Rudy

3 comments:

Gus said...

oooooo that is exciting! It does look like fun, but I think I will wait til it warms up a bit to try it.

gussie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo surely had lots to say about how fun it looked!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

We saw you dive, Rudy! Great job! You'll be an old pro before you know it!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch